Professional Licensure Guide

Professional workforce

The Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) and the Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) provide professional permits, licenses, registrations, and certifications for businesses and their employees. Below is a list of professions featured on the DCA, DIR, and other California State Government Agency websites, along with links to the state government boards, bureaus, divisions and offices who administer these permits, licenses, registrations, and certifications.

Animal Services

Veterinary Services

  • Veterinarian
  • Veterinary Assistant
  • Veterinary Technician
  • Vet Food-Animal Drug Retailer

Horse Racing

  • Authorized Agent
  • Stable Name
  • Horse Trainer
  • Horse Owner
Automotive Services

Automotive Repair Services

  • Automotive Repair Dealers
  • Brake and Lamp Adjusters
  • Brake and Lamp Inspection Stations
  • Smog Check Stations
  • Smog Check Technicians

Car Washing and Polishing

Building, Construction, Contracting, Engineering, and Mechanical
Garment Manufacturing
Industrial Homeworkers
GO-Biz logo

About Us

The Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz) serves as the State of California's leader for job growth and economic development efforts. GO-Biz partnered with the State's Information Technology Leadership Academy 22 to create the California Business Portal.

 The official homepage of the State of California